Electrical Inspection Miami
The electrical system runs behind the scenes, inside the walls of your home, allowing you a great variety of modern creature comforts. However, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), electrical problems are the largest cause of property damage in home structure fires across Florida. In addition, the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) identifies small appliances plugged into inadequate or improper home wring as the leading cause of accidental electrocution. These safety hazards can be easily addressed and prevented with an electrical home inspection completed by us.
What is an Electrical Inspection?
An electrical home inspection provides a thorough examination of your entire electrical system, ensuring all electrical wires, systems, and components, meet legal safety standards. The National Electrical Code (NEC) is the code that all electricians operate under when examining your home, and defines the parameters for minimum standards across Florida. Upon completion of your electrical home inspection, our Electrical Inspector will provide a detailed, prioritized, checklist including areas in need of immediate attention, recommendations for improvements, and potential upgrade possibilities.
The Electrical Safety Foundation recommends electrical home inspections:
- • When purchasing a home.
- • When a home is 40 years or older.
- • When a home has had a major renovation.
An electrical home inspection is important for the safety of your home, offering peace of mind by:
- • Ensuring the safe operation of electrical components in your home.
Identifying common electrical mistakes made by contractors and unlicensed contractors.
- • Recognizing outdated wirings such as aluminum or knob and tube.
Identifying electrical wiring and components that may have degraded over time.
- • Spotting oversized fuses or breakers that could lead to fire.
- • Allowing for the correction of fire and safety hazards.
- • Helping you save energy and reduce costs.
- • Meeting insurance risk assessment inspections requirements.
- • Letting you know the electrical in a new home is safe before you purchase it.
An electrical home inspection completed by us includes:
- • Verification of proper light bulb wattage.
- • Switch and wall outlet operation and condition.
- • Shock or electrocution hazards.
- • Verification arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) are operating properly.
- • A check of all safety and security lighting.
- • Confirmation of grounding systems.
- • Validation of appropriate surge protection.
- • Verification of the proper placement of smoke detectors.
- • Testing of smoke detectors.
- • Testing of carbon monoxide detectors.
- • Inspection of the electrical panel for appropriate labels, amps, and operation.
- • An examination of outdoor electrical systems.
- • A detailed, prioritized report on all areas of attention concerning the electrical system of your home.
Our Electrical Inspections are accepted by Miami Dade and Broward Building Departments in addition to all other local building departments throughout Florida.
Call us Today and Order an Electrical Inspection in Miami Dade & Broward.
What Clients Say
Ordering process was easy and fast. Received my 40 Year Recertification within 2 days of my request.
Had my home inspected and was very pleased to find out my home had been constructed good enough to meet the homeowner's conditions and saved over 45% on my hurricane homeowners insurance.
I am very happy that I got my Recertification here. Everyone from the office staff to the field crews were so professional and committed to getting my job done right. I highly recommend them to everyone.
Commercial Airlines Pilot